Sunday, October 15, 2006

It's Another Month!

It's another month! I really feel bored almost all of the time here, even though I only work for 4 hours a day!

Since day one, I have been doing the same thing. I come to work on time every day. Most of the time, I am only a helper for my supervisor. She will ask me to go to the bank to deposit money or go to our mailbox to collect letters or follow up on some payment stuff. I do not think this is what an assistant supervisor's job is!

I did ask the box office (BO) supervisor to teach me on how to handle the BO, but I sense that he is unwilling to teach and never allows me to touch anything relating to the BO. Even when I am trying to help when they are busy, he will say, "I don't know what you are doing, let me handle this". Up until today, he was not felling well and did not show up to work. While he was gone, I had the chance to learn how to handle calls, sell tickets and complete online transactions.

Unfortunately, even until today, I still did not have any chance to handle any production on my own.

What can I do to improve or change my situation here? I do not want to wait until one day when my boss comes to me and says they do not need me anymore since I can't help them much. I need to find a way to improve it.

No comments: